As information develops, please check this page to stay informed.
The CDC issued new recommendations, encouraging people, whether they have been vaccinated against COVID-19 or not, to wear masks in public indoor settings in areas with high rates of disease.
It should be stressed from the onset that vaccines and masks are not related to the measure of one’s faith, nor is it a matter of salvation. While we are called to respect those in authority over us (ROMANS 13:1), ultimately it is an issue of conscience whether or not you choose to receive the vaccine or wear a mask. Opinions vary on this issue, and God calls upon His people, “…do not quarrel over opinions” (ROMANS 14:1)
The CDC recommendation is not a mandate. At present, Texas remains open, and businesses - including churches - are free to decide how to implement mask policies.
The Board of Elders, in discussion with the Pastors, have at this time elected to retain our current “Mask Optional” practices in worship. If those in authority over us require more drastic measures to be in place in the future (ROMANS 13:1), we will revisit our current practices.
We join you in prayer, encouraging ‘safe and smart’ practices and trust that you will use your best judgment on how you and your family want to proceed in public.
In the meantime, may we remain examples of faith and charity, and “…let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but… pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.” (ROMANS 14:13,19)
our Worship Practices are:
Live-Stream | Worship
We will continue to live-stream Sunday Worship at 8 am and 10:30 am.
In-Person | Worship
- Masks are optional. Those concerned for their health are encouraged to continue to wear a mask.
- Pew ropes for Spacing will be removed.
- Distribution of Communion will take place at the rail.
- Ushers will pass the Offering plates in the pews.
Preschool Practices are:
LOG Preschool is committed to creating a safe learning environment for our students and staff, and we will continue to work with local and state health officials to monitor the spread of COVID-19. We thank you for your continued flexibility and support as we all work together to keep our community safe.
To ensure safe learning experiences, the following COVID-19 protocols will be in place for the 2021-2022 school year:
- Per state mandate, masks will be optional for all students, staff, and visitors.
- LOG Preschool will continue with rigorous cleaning and disinfecting throughout the 2021-22 school year.
- Hand sanitation dispensers will be readily available. All students and staff will be expected to follow recommended handwashing procedures.
- LOG Preschool will notify staff and parents via email if there is a confirmed positive COVID-19 case in their student's classroom.
- Contact tracing will not be required, and students and staff will not be required to quarantine as a result of exposure or potential exposure.
- Please see the COVID-19 School Decision Tree should you or someone in your immediate family experience symptoms.
If parents have any questions about the LOG Preschool COVID-19 response, they are encouraged to contact the Preschool Office at .
To minimize the risk of illness, here are a few practical things you can do:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
For the latest information on COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling."
Psalm 46:1-3 ESV